Advanced Alaska Fly Fishing: Alaska Salmon Fishing Principles, Theories, and Proven Techniques
This illustrated, color guidebook provides you with distinct and strategic advantages in catching trophy Alaska salmon. Pages of spectacular underwater photography reveal the importance of backdrop color, migration corridors, turbidity, species pressure, current speed, and how salmon see and strike flies underwater. Each chapter explains the science behind the techniques in an easy-to-understand manner, and recommends fresh, new approaches to salmon fishing that work!
This pioneering new book offers specific details on:
• Four basic behavioral responses exhibited by all salmon and the methods and field-tested flies you need to trigger the most strikes.
• Batin’s Outer-Third and Optical-Illusion theories; foundations for successful fly fishing that ensure strikes when fish are "off the bite."
• How chemical communication between fish can increase your hookups.
• Cutting-edge details on a can’t-fail stream equation for catching sockeyes, and a step-by-step guide to effective retrieves for taking silvers and kings.
• Alaska’s most effective salmon flies: The Batin-Wade Bunny Leech and the Ad-Bat; patterns designed specifically to trigger strikes when other flies fail.