Hunting in Alaska
Author's Note: Order this book
through this website and I'll be happy to personally autograph the book to you.
Include your name, or if a gift, the name of the person you want me to
inscribe. I'll include an appropriate note. And once you read the book, you've
become a member of the Alaska Hunter fraternity. Contact me if I can help with
your Alaska hunting plans. Chris Batin.
Hunting in Alaska provides you with a wealth of Alaska-tested hunting ideas and strategies that work! Read the testimonials as to why our readers know this book is a critical component to their Alaska hunting success. The answer is simple.
For years, successful guides and hunters have known that it takes scientific knowledge and specific strategies to successfully harvest Alaska's most coveted big game trophies.
Hunting In Alaska: A Comprehensive Guide is a 416-page volume that offers you over 1,000 of these hunting secrets and tips. Master guides and big-game experts provide decades of first-hand experience, ensuring your hunt is a complete success. It has won national and regional awards as being the foremost book on Alaska hunting. And it it authored by Chris Batin, editor of The Alaska Hunter and Contributing Writer/Editor for Outdoor Life and Alaska Coast magazine.
You benefit from a wealth of never-before-available information on:
* High-Bush and Low-Bush Thrashing: Tactics scientifically proven to call in trophy moose.
* Specifics you need to know to successfully harvest Kodiak and Alaska Peninsula Brown Bear.
* Scientific data on the habits of full-curl Dall sheep, where they're found and how to hunt them, including interviews with guides who regularly take record-book sheep.
* 10-year trends on game populations, hunter statistics and harvest totals that give you pre-hunt knowledge of your chances for success in each of Alaska's 26 Game Management Units.
* Detailed maps and Game Management Unit descriptions that will familiarize you with Alaska's wilderness hunting hotspots and game concentrations.
* Planning a do-it-yourself hunt.
* Secret bear hunting techniques used by one guide who is nearly 100 percent for big brown bear, and who has put several in the record books, including a 30-incher.
* Criteria for choosing an Alaska big game guide.
* Learn secrets of taking wolves along salmon streams.
* Understanding seasonal migration habits of big mountain goats and goat hunting methods that have helped one guide bag over 40 trophy goats for his clients.
* Specialized equipment needs for guided, unguided, backpack and float hunts.
* Over 700 listings of where you can hunt Alaska's big and small game and waterfowl.
* Care of trophies and meat.
* How to hunt ridges, over bait, berry patches, and tidal flats for trophy black bear.
* Extensive chapters on duck, goose, sea duck and crane hunting, small game, grouse, ptarmigan.
* Four award-winning stories on Alaska Hunting Excitement, Ethics, Camaraderie, and Adventure.
* Big game behavioral and natural history information of special interest to you as a hunter. Historical synopses of Alaska big game species, including transplants and current distribution information.
* Expert advice on hunting sheep, bear, moose, caribou, waterfowl, and more!
* Here's how to order your copy, now! By Phone: Call us 24 hours a day, 907-455-8000. Operators are ready to take your order.Read our reviews and testimonials
Here's what the experts say about Hunting in Alaska:
"Hunting in Alaska is a massive, 432-page book by Chris Batin and is without a doubt the definitive work on hunting the 49th state. It has everything you ever wanted or needed to know about planning a successful Alaskan hunting adventure. It is the standard by which other Alaska hunting books will be judged." Bob Robb, Petersen's Hunting magazine
"Batin's 432-page opus could be classified as a textbook on hunting in Alaska. However, it is much more than that. Hunting in Alaska is well written and chock full of interesting facts about Alaska hunting. It is one of those books the reader is reluctant to put down once he has opened it." John Chamberlin, Book Author/Outdoor Writer, Northlake News, WA
"Batin is an Alaskan and part and parcel to the Great Land. Only an Alaskan such as Batin could write this book. It's his land, and he knows it better than any visitor ever could." From the Foreword by Craig Boddington
"Whenever I've felt the need, which is often, to refer to a higher authority on hunting and Alaska's big game animals, I've gone to Jack O'Connor's Big Game Animals of North America. So it is with a bit of surprise that I've decided I will no longer turn to O'Connor for the bottom line on Alaska hunting. Instead, I will now refer to Hunting in Alaska: A Comprehensive Guide. Whatever you want to know about hunting in Alaska today, if an answer exists, you're most likely to find it in Batin's new book. I expect it to become a classic, 'how-to-do-it'-reference, and a good friend." Ed Cooper, Outdoor Editor, Anchorage Times
"Batin offers you a wealth of information in this book, plenty of hard data presented in an easy-to-read style. Any hunter even considering a hunt in Alaska should study this book, read it repeatedly and take copious notes." Huntech magazine
"Batin's crisp, clear writing reflects in-the-field experience and lots of scientific research. It's worthwhile for bowhunters." Bowhunter magazine
"If you've ever dreamed of hunting in Alaska, Hunting in Alaska will answer every question you have about this subject. It is a thoroughly researched, handsomely designed 432-page guide with a wealth of maps and photos." Gerald Almy, Field Editor, Sports Afield magazine
"I've had the opportunity to hunt caribou with Chris Batin; and while I have hunted with a lot of sportsmen over the years, I can truly say that no one surpasses Chris when it comes to having total respect for the game. He's a sportsman in the truest sense of the word." Jay Cassell, Senior Editor Sports Afield magazine
"Wow! What a great guide for anyone contemplating a hunting trip to the 49th state! Batin really knows his stuff, and puts it together into one outstanding book." Steve Comus, Hunting Editor Western Outdoors magazine
"Award-winning writer Chris Batin has penned a new volume on his home state that lives up to its name: Hunting in Alaska: A Comprehensive Guide." National Rifle Association American Hunter magazine
Hunting in Alaska: A Comprehensive Guide